So I know I've been horrible at blogging lately. I have no great excuses, except that I've been trying to be more selective with how I use my time. We have taken up a few new hobbies too--like canning--at Jeremy's suggestion and indoor rock climbing--so impressive. We've been trying to savor the perfect Utah fall weather before the dreaded winter sets in. Seriously, fall has always been my favorite season and the weather here has been perfect. We took a trip up to Silver Lake and although it was a little cold and rainy, the colors in the mountains were gorgeous.Back to the canning. I grew up canning with my mother and grandmother, but this was the first time going solo. It was very satisfying. We got 16 quarts of peaches (from the trees in the backyard) and 10 of tomatoes (also from the backyard). Now I just don't want to use them; they look so pretty.
6 comments:
Go Terra! How cool. My mom has canned every year for the past...forever years, and I have NO idea how to can. Kind of sad...but at the same time, I have no interest in doing it. I should at least learn how though. I would like to can jam sometime.
You rock! Way to go! I'm jealous, I wish I had some produce worth canning. :O)
YOU'RE A BIG GIRL NOW!
Very cool! Canning scares me. It would be a great skill to know.
They do look pretty. Way to go!
So pretty! And how nice that you can get free fruit!
Post a Comment