Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sweet Sam

Sam will be 3 months old on Wednesday. He likes to try to sit up and he does sit-ups in his bed when he's ready to get up. He likes to watch his big brother play and he loves mirrors. He loves watching Baby Einstein and he talks to the puppets when they come on.
Sam is an angel-baby. He eats well and sleeps pretty well and he doesn't fuss very often. He's a very easy-going baby. He has a calm and sweet personality.
I've been trying to get him on a schedule. I was very rigid from the start with Paul's schedule and I've been taking it easy with Sam (except when he had his days and nights mixed up the first couple weeks). Now he prefers to cat-nap all day--not being awake much more than an hour and not sleeping more than an hour either. He's adjusting to learning how to be awake longer and nap longer though. And I'm trying to figure out the best combo for it all.
But Sam is wonderful and I love having a newborn again. Sometimes when I'm holding him I'm overwhelmed that he's actually mine. He's so perfect. I know that he's a very special little person and I'm grateful to be his mother.

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

I pulled up the page while Jonas was sitting with me and either this picture or your wedding picture made him say, "Paul! Paul!" He was so excited, I thought it was so cute that he knew.

Sam is getting so big and he is adorable. I'm really glad things are going well for you. You are a terrific mom!