Now that I've posted the previous blog, Sam has been spitting up again and not once today did Paul tell me he needed to go to the bathroom. Consequently I cleaned three accidents--two poopy ones and one at the park. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Terra, I love looking at your blog. Thank Jeremy for sending it to me. But keep trying on the potty training. I am not good at giving advice for boys, but just keep at it.
Potty training is the worst! It takes more patience than anything I've done so far as a mother. However, it does get easier, so I agree with aubrey in saying, just keep going and try to keep a smile on your face--even though it is next to impossible.
Terra, I have to say, after reading your latest posts, that you are amazing. My babies always spit up so much that it drives me insane, and I hate those bad blowout diapers that get all over clothes, and I've about lost my mind over potty training accidents. And somehow you seem to handle it so much better than I do! You always seem so happy and your home always feels clean and pleasant... I can't imagine that all the chaos that happens at my house actually happens at yours too! :) On the other hand, if that's what you've been experiencing lately, I am truly sympathetic and sorry. It is absolutely no fun. Hopefully it will help you a little to know that the rest of the world thinks you are doing a great job. :) Hang in there! It WILL get better. Kara was a huge pain to potty train and she made it through with flying colors, and ALL my kids spit up like nothin else and even Isaac is much better than a few months ago. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Thank goodness. :)
Well, we have had major issues getting Ella to poop in the potty. We never have pee accidents anymore, but she is constantly pooping in her underwear after holding it for days. Gross. So I finally told her that if she wanted to poop in her underwear she could clean it up. She did it twice after that- and cleaned it up- and hasn't done it since. She was practically gagging the whole time. I, of course, was laughing (discreetly, of course!).
That's hilarious, Aubrey! I don't know if that would work for Paul--being a boy and all--but I might give that a try. Anyone that says their kid was potty-trained in a day is lying!!!
KellyAnne, that's nice of you to say all that and funny cause just the other day I told Jeremy that you are always so calm and you never lose your temper with your kids and they are so well-behaved and I wanted to try to be more like you! Paul's been a bit of a tyrant lately and it's getting to be embarrassing to take him places. Hopefully this too will pass...
Thanks for the votes of confidence everyone! It's good to know I'm not alone!
6 comments:
Terra, I love looking at your blog. Thank Jeremy for sending it to me. But keep trying on the potty training. I am not good at giving advice for boys, but just keep at it.
Potty training is the worst! It takes more patience than anything I've done so far as a mother. However, it does get easier, so I agree with aubrey in saying, just keep going and try to keep a smile on your face--even though it is next to impossible.
Thanks! I do hope that it gets better. It's a lot of work!
Terra,
I have to say, after reading your latest posts, that you are amazing. My babies always spit up so much that it drives me insane, and I hate those bad blowout diapers that get all over clothes, and I've about lost my mind over potty training accidents. And somehow you seem to handle it so much better than I do! You always seem so happy and your home always feels clean and pleasant... I can't imagine that all the chaos that happens at my house actually happens at yours too! :) On the other hand, if that's what you've been experiencing lately, I am truly sympathetic and sorry. It is absolutely no fun. Hopefully it will help you a little to know that the rest of the world thinks you are doing a great job. :) Hang in there! It WILL get better. Kara was a huge pain to potty train and she made it through with flying colors, and ALL my kids spit up like nothin else and even Isaac is much better than a few months ago. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Thank goodness. :)
Well, we have had major issues getting Ella to poop in the potty. We never have pee accidents anymore, but she is constantly pooping in her underwear after holding it for days. Gross. So I finally told her that if she wanted to poop in her underwear she could clean it up. She did it twice after that- and cleaned it up- and hasn't done it since. She was practically gagging the whole time. I, of course, was laughing (discreetly, of course!).
That's hilarious, Aubrey! I don't know if that would work for Paul--being a boy and all--but I might give that a try. Anyone that says their kid was potty-trained in a day is lying!!!
KellyAnne, that's nice of you to say all that and funny cause just the other day I told Jeremy that you are always so calm and you never lose your temper with your kids and they are so well-behaved and I wanted to try to be more like you! Paul's been a bit of a tyrant lately and it's getting to be embarrassing to take him places. Hopefully this too will pass...
Thanks for the votes of confidence everyone! It's good to know I'm not alone!
Post a Comment