Monday, August 6, 2007

My Craigslist Business

So it started with the thought of moving all our stuff around for the next couple of years and also I was tired of the big desk, computer and school stuff in our room...so I decided to consolidate and clean out closets and all that. I ended up selling a lot of stuff (garage sale and mostly craigslist) and then buying a computer armoire (also on craigslist) to hold the computer, etc. I thought it was so cute and I really like having the computer downstairs, but out of sight.
Then, I found that there's a matching entertainment center too. I really wanted it (ours is a hand-me-down and the doors are broken and I painted it, but it's really scratched up and sort of falling apart). Amazingly, there was one on craigslist for a decent price and almost new. So...now I have basically traded a bunch of stuff I didn't want or use for two new pieces of furniture. I love it!
When we got married we bought a table and that's been about the only furniture I've ever picked out and paid for, besides Sam's dresser (which was more of a necessity than a want, although it is cute too). I can't wait till we have a house and money and I can pick out my own stuff. So fun.

4 comments:

Tina said...

I love those....way cute!!!

KellyAnne said...

Very cute Terra. What did you do with your old entertainment center?
By the way, I noticed the next post below this one... and I am in the middle of reading Harry Potter at the moment (actually at the beginning, not the middle). So NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!
:)

Aubrey said...

Yes, very cute... I like the 'Family' letters you have there.. I've been looking for something like that... I might need to steal your idea! Did you make that yourself?

Terra said...

To answer the questions...we gave our old entertainment center away on craigslist (of course). And the letters were from my sister-in-law. They are just wood block letters that she painted. Very cute--steal away.