Friday, May 30, 2008

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

On August 17, 2004 I worked my last day as an actual employee and Jeremy packed up a big Penske truck. Off we drove to Forest Grove Oregon with a little sadness and quite a bit of apprehension. I was 5 months pregnant with Paul. How would we survive 4 years without jobs? Would Optometry school be too hard? What would it be like to live miles away from anything or anyone familiar?
May 18, 2008 we drove out of Forest Grove for possibly the last time. This time we have two kids in tow and are filled with lots of excitement to start the next step, overwhelming gratitude for all the blessings that made school possible, and great sadness to leave our wonderful friends. I never dreamed that I'd so quickly bond with people and have so many superb friends. I don't think we'll ever have that same connection or closeness. It's hard to describe unless you've lived through it, I guess.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera for our trip. Big bummer. Thanks to my mother-in-law, I have some pictures, but I was surprised how many pictures I should have taken and didn't. So, a special thanks to everyone that made Optometry school a wonderful experience--you know who you are. And good luck with the future. Of course, we'll have reunions...but life will never be the same (in good and bad ways)!
Us with Devin and Susan Despain. We've been through the most with these guys. Friends don't come any better than them. Paul and Lucy grew up like brother and sister in lots of ways. How we will miss them! (And Dallin)Paul's best buddy, Parker. These two were instant friends. The Allreds lived right across the sidewalk from us and Jennie was the best neighbor I ever could have asked for.

5 comments:

KellyAnne said...

This makes me teary! Definitely something you have to experience to understand. Good times! I'm so excited for you guys, that you've made it through, that you're done, and that you have such adventures ahead of you with your new life!
Congrats, and thanks for posting pictures. It gives me warm fuzzies to see them!
I know, I'm a nerd.

Kim-the-girl said...

It is an interesting feeling being mixed up between excitement and sadness. Thanks for being such a great friend, we look forward to those reunions!

Delee said...

I know how you feel... I think it's easier to leave when your friends leave also, you know it's not the same place without them. But, it's hard to go through such a big change. And it's hard to say good-bye to wonderful friends. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience living there.

JandS Morgan said...

You came, you saw and now we miss you guys. It's great that this transition is a happy and fulfilling one.

Jamey said...

I can't believe how got graduation weekend was! We discovered our beautiful house doesn't have AC. I wish we could have come to graduation but Randy was working... Congrats to all of you!