Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Beach Day

What do you do when it's 20 degrees and snowy outside? Go to the beach! Paul's been asking to go to the beach and so we decided to bring it home. I bought some sand toys and play sand and put them in the tub. Unfortunately Sam was scared of the sand, but Paul had a great time. We finished our trip with a picnic dinner (hot dogs, veggies, fruit, chips, jello, and soda pop).



13 comments:

Amy said...

That is such a great idea. So clever!! I'll bet it was a nightmare to clean out of the tub though????

KellyAnne said...

Oh my gosh, you're such a fun Mom!
How did you clean that out of the tub?!?

Amy said...

Terra, I changed my blog setting so I need your email address to invite you. My email is amyluce@hotmail.com so you can email me yours. If you have Tina's or any of the Gerritsens that would be cool too. Thanks.

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow! That is a great idea...If you don't want to do actual sand you could use corn kernels to play too. A bit less messy.

KellyAnne said...

I just showed Dallin these pictures and he is hoping that you will leave the sand there so that he can play too sometime if we come to visit you! He can't stop talking about how fun it will be. He reminds me that we should bring our swimming suits for playing in the sand. :)

Terra said...

So cleaning out the tub was a bit of work. First Paul and I scooped it all into a bucket lined with a garbage sack. Then I used to wet/dry vac to get the rest (as well as the pile on the floor). Finally we showered down the tub, but my bathroom still need a good scrubbing from all the dust and the rest of the house needs a vacuum job--sand has a way of getting everywhere! But it was well worth it I think.

Tina said...

That is so fun. You have the best ides. Love it!

izzynjen said...

Great idea Terra! I think Hyrum would eat the sand...did Sam try to eat it??

Barney Family Blog said...

Your boys are so lucky to have you. That sounds like so much fun? and creative. How did you get the sand out of the tub?

Aubrey said...

Wow, you are great. That is a great idea. And what a big job to clean up, but I am sure it was worth it. They look like they are having a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older
then we wouldn't have to wait so long
and wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong...

Cam said...

What a nice mom you are, I need to have more fun making messes with my kids and just enjoy playing, thanks for a reminder!

brooke said...

Wow, you sure did go the extra mile Terra! I'm so impressed. Can I come over? Your bathtub beach looks warmer than the San Diego beaches right now!