Friday, February 1, 2008

Where, Oh Where Did My Baby Boy Go?


Paul's really growing up lately and I thought I should write a few cute things down so I'll remember them one day.
1.He's finally into learning his letters. He picked up really fast and knows them all now (thanks to Super Why more than me I think). He usually enjoys our "preschool time" while Sam takes a morning nap. He still surprises me with how much he understands. In church he handed me the M and said "M is for Mom." (loved that!) Yesterday he stood with his legs together and arms out and said, "Look I'm a T." And then as we were driving he explained how there was an L in the snow ("a long straight line, then it makes an L, see mom?") Now we're moving on to numbers.
2.He's also excited about bad words. Great. Fortunately they aren't that bad yet (like stupid), but still it makes me sad that I can't keep him innocent forever. He likes to pick ones like dang it (which I explain is not really bad, but still not the best word to use) and then say that's his favorite.
3.There's nothing he doesn't know. End of story. Don't bother explaining further--he's always right.
4. He is Mr. Contrary. We tried a little reverse psychology on him and it was pretty funny to watch. To sum it up he said, in the bouncy house at Bouncin' Off the Walls, "The kids said I had to leave so now I can't go out!"
5. Finally, finally he plays by himself! His imagination is really fun to watch and he likes blocks and tracks and all kinds of games now. I get a few minutes to myself when he's not in bed! Priceless!
It's hard to believe how big he's getting. I hate to think about the days when he doesn't need me and I won't get so many cuddles, hugs and kisses.

8 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh! I love hearing that stuff. How fun to watch them grow up!

KellyAnne said...

Haha! I was just about to write exactly what Kim wrote, then I saw her comment first. How funny. I do love hearing about Paul. He and Dallin are similar in some ways but also really different. I love that kids are all so unique and have their own little personalities. I miss letting Paul and Dallin play together!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

So bittersweet!! Well, except the potty/naughty words (in our house it's potty words--poop, especially). I did not know that you moved back!! I had lost your blog address when we had some computer problems. I'll email you in a little bit, but we totally should get together. I know Damon would love to see you guys, too.

Natalie said...

Yes, I don't miss the "terrible 2's" but as everyone has told you I'm sure is that they slowly grow out of that.
Completely off of the subject... how do you get such cute backgrounds for your blog? Mine is so boring.
It's good to see that all is well!

brooke said...

He is adorable! How old is Paul Terra? My sweet Sienna is NOT learning to talk or to do normal toddler things yet. I'm trying so hard with no outcome yet. I love your idea though.

Aubrey said...

He is so funny. Ella has really seemed older to me lately too. I am still waiting for her to show any interest at all in letters. I ask her everytime she has preschool what the letter of the day was, and everytime she says- I don't know, Mom. :) So you are doing something right!

Amy said...

Paul sounds like a pretty smart kid. That's so fun that he's learning so much... good and bad. :)

Kathy Ricks said...

You know how I feel about no hugs and kisses...just grab him when he least expect it and give it to him anyway. At 32, I still do it. And if he protest to much - he get it even more!!!!!!